The stories from the fairy tale world inspire children as much as their parents, because in these stories the good prevails, which unfortunately is not always the case in real life. In fairy tales the viewer can see so much bravery, friendship, morality, tension and also love that it can take his breath away. And our fairy tale quiz supports this enthusiasm for fairy tales.
Fairytale quiz for children's birthday or kindergarten
The topics in fairy tales go beyond the boundaries of the imagination and occur occasionally in our daily existence, which is why the success story of fairy tales continues to this day and inspires people who like to put themselves in the fairy tale world.
Today, fairy tales are often used as a template for films, series or books, where they are usually told in a completely new way, but the original versions of fairy tales have become classics in our history and offer the opportunity to answer many questions put.
For this reason, a fairy tale quiz with 25 questions about the world of fairy tales can be found here, in which it is possible to put your fairy tale knowledge through its paces. What happens to Pinocchio's nose when he lies? Who is Snow White staying with after her escape?
These and more questions about well-known stories from the world of fairy tales provide the material for this varied quiz, which can be used to put your own fairy tale knowledge to the test.
This fairy tale quiz can, for example, be an amusing pastime for a children's birthday party, where the guests can guess and talk about the fairy tales.
Fairy tale quiz for children - 25 questions
You can print out the following questions free of charge as a PDF document using the link at the end of this page:
1) How is Snow White brought back to life by her prince?
A) With a kiss
B) With a magic flute
C) With a poem
D) With an alarm clock
Answer: The prince awakens Snow White with a kiss.
2) Which fairytale character would like to visit a ball?
A) Little Red Riding Hood
C) Snow White
Answer: Cinderella wants to go to a ball, which you can do with the help of a good fairy.
3) Who wants to visit Little Red Riding Hood in the forest?
A) The neighbors
B) Your grandmother
C) your son
D) The bad wolf
Answer: Little Red Riding Hood goes to the woods to visit her grandmother.
4) What do most dwarfs do in fairy tales?
A) As a farmer
B) As a baker
C) As a blacksmith
D) As a mine worker
Answer: In fairy tales most dwarves work in a mountain mine.
5) What happens to Pinocchio's nose when he lies?
A) She is getting smaller
B) It gets bigger
C) It gets narrower
D) It will be round
Answer: When Pinocchio lies, his nose gets bigger.
6) When does Snow White get lost after her escape?
A) With the three little pigs
B) With the seven dwarfs
C) With an old witch
D) With a good fairy
Answer: In the forest, Snow White finds refuge with the seven dwarfs.
7) Which animal does Little Red Riding Hood encounter?
A) A lion
B) A wolf
C) A polar bear
D) A tiger
Answer: Little Red Riding Hood meets a bad wolf who wants to eat her.
8) In what kind of house does the witch live in the fairy tale Hansel and Gretel?
A) In an underwater house
B) In a gingerbread house
C) In a glasshouse
D) In a wooden house
Answer: The witch in Hansel and Gretel lives in a gingerbread house.
9) In a fairytale, a wolf destroys two houses. Which animals live in these houses?
Answer: The wolf destroys the houses of two pigs by blowing the houses away. The house of the third pig, the wolf can not destroy, because it is built of stones.
10) What do you call the characters fighting for the good in a fairytale?
A) hero / heroine
B) man / woman
C) Giant / Witch
D) Dwarf / Wolf
Answer: The hero or the heroine embody the good in most fairy tales.
11) Which fairytale character is not a woman?
B) Snow White
D) Little Red Riding Hood
Answer: The fairy-tale character Rumpelstiltskin is not a woman but a man.
12) What hair color does Rapunzel have?
C) blond / gold
Answer: Rapunzels hair color is blond / gold.
13) Which fairy tale character changes from a wooden doll to a human?
A) The evil queen
Answer: Pinocchio is initially a wooden doll and then becomes a human.
14) Which creature has killed so many valiant knights in fairy tales?
B) The moon
D) A tree
Answer: In fairy tales, knights often fight against a big dragon and many knights are defeated in these battles.
15) What is Rapunzel known for?
A) For her long sentences
B) For her long fingernails
C) For her long eyelashes
D) For her long hair
Answer: Rapunzel is known for her long hair.
16) Where do many fairy tales play?
A) In a kingdom
B) In a cellar
C) In a dungeon
D) In the clouds
Answer: Many fairytales take place in a kingdom.
17) Who should kill Snow White in the forest?
A) A knight
B) A hunter
C) A traitor
D) A dwarf
Answer: A hunter gets the order from the evil queen to kill Snow White in the forest.
18) Which fairytale character often fulfills wishes?
A) The fairy godmother
B) The wolf
C) The magic mirror
D) The sheep
Answer: A good fairy is responsible for fulfilling wishes.
19) Which fruit is Snow White poisoned with?
A) With a pear
B) With a cherry
C) With an orange
D) With an apple
Answer: Snow White is poisoned by the evil queen with an apple.
20) What are Hansel and Gretel?
A) Best friends
B) brother and sister
C) Two fairies
D) Two kingdoms
Answer: Hansel and Gretel are siblings.
21) Which fairytale character is known for her red hooded coat?
A) The evil queen
B) Snow White
C) Little Red Riding Hood
Answer: Little Red Riding Hood wears a red hooded coat.
22) The hero or the heroine ride in many fairy tales on an animal. Which animal is often used as a mount in fairy tales?
A) The pig
B) The wolf
C) The horse
D) The cow
Answer: The horse often serves heroes and heroines in fairy tales as a mount.
23) Which female fairytale characters are mostly evil?
B) Bauer's daughters
Answer: Witches are evil in fairy tales in most cases.
24) What do you call the fairy-tale character whose body is half fish and half human?
B) Magic Mirror
Answer: The body of the mermaid is divided into two, because the lower half of the body is fish-like, while the upper half of the body of the mermaid is human.
25) What is the end of most fairy tales?
A) A question mark
B) The happy ending
C) A sign
D) A fence
Answer: Most stories in the fairytale world end with a happy ending.
Do you have questions, suggestions or criticism? Please do not hesitate to contact us! New ideas for a fairy tale quiz? Gladly bring it to me!