Jokes are an indispensable part of everyday and social life and are considered the symbol of human laughter.
Jokes, humor, laugh, be happy
So almost everyone knows at least one joke and nobody can seriously unite that telling or even hearing a good joke realizes a lot of friends and pleasure.
But what is a joke exactly? At least this is what people think, although an answer to this question certainly contains a very interesting and insightful perspective.
Explanation of the term for a joke
A clear explanation of the term in the sense of establishing a definition for the joke is extremely difficult, because the definition depends on the respective branch of science, in particular linguistics, ethnology and psychology, which considers the joke as an object of investigation. However, despite these scientific differences, the joke can be generally defined using the following sentence:
The joke is a structured fictional narrative with an unexpected and surprising ending as a stimulus to make the audience and reader laugh.
Here are the jokes - let's laugh first!
Browse through our collection of jokes of all kinds. Clicking on a link opens the selected page:
Single page jokes
A few jokes simply don't fit into any category:
And if you want to know more about the theory of jokes, you can read on here ...
The general definition of the question of what a joke actually is based primarily on the philosophical idea of a joke, because the joke was seen on the one hand as a feeling of pleasure and on the other hand as a mental skill of narrative art in terms of linking contrasting ideas with the help of linguistic ones Association.
Understanding of jokes
This understanding of the content of a joke is also reflected in the origin of the word, namely the joke in the European Middle Ages was called "diu wizze“And means an innate prudence and thinking power of the human mind to produce insightful and amazing comparisons and metaphors. It was not until the 19th century that today's contextualization took place to our understanding of the concept of joke.
Structure of jokes
The structure of a joke can be divided into four main parts.
- The exordium as a mark of the text as a joke by the narrator
- the exposure as a representation of the essential information of the situation and / or person (s) in the context of the action
- the complication as a representation of the action of the situation and / or person (s) and the possibility of interpreting this action as the only apparent possibility of interpretation and the creation of another unnoticed possibility of interpretation of this action,
- the punch line as a surprising and unexpected end to the narrative and the revelation of the ignored possibility of interpretation.
Purpose of the jokes
The basic aim of a joke is thus with the help of its unexpected and surprising ending and serves as a stimulus to laugh at the listener and reader. The resulting laugh as the most important innate emotional expressive behavior of people as well as physiological, biochemical and neurological processes in the brain and facial muscles is an expression of sympathy and mutual agreement. It realizes a conflict-limiting effect in human coexistence.
In addition, psychology affirms three other objectives
- the satisfaction of aggressive and hostile norms that would otherwise normally have to be suppressed due to existing legal and social norms
- the satisfaction of a desire to speak and listen to prohibited topics that can be addressed directly in the joke
- and the satisfaction of a human play instinct in the sense of one's own representation in front of other people.
Do you have questions, suggestions or criticism? Please do not hesitate to contact us.