The term family comes from the Latin term "familia" and originally referred to the entire household of the man.
Quotes, sayings and family wisdom
Today the term family in common parlance includes parents and their children.
Browse through our collection of the most beautiful quotes, sayings and wisdom about the family:
- All happy families are like each other. Every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. Tolstoy
- For in times of need you need your relatives. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- The angel of the family is the woman. Giuseppe Mazzini
- The charm of family life is the best antidote to the decline of morals. Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- The family is the fatherland of the heart. Giuseppe Mazzini
- The family is the oldest of all communities and the only one natural. Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- Passion gives the friend, there is an advantage to companions; probably to whom the birth gave the brother! He can not be lucky. Anerschaffen is his friend. Friedrich Schiller
- Those natures who are quick to grasp one another and determine each other mutually when we meet them are called relatives. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Parents, teachers, and servants have the foolish habit of creating and nourishing between brothers during childhood a rivalry that often degenerates into discord when they grow up. Francis Bacon
- Unfortunately, there are not many parents whose treatment is really a blessing for their children. Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach
- In a peaceful family happiness comes by itself. Chinese proverb
- Relatives are rarely more than acquaintances. August von Kotzebue
- When all the ties dissolve, one is rejected to the domestic ones. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- How unlucky, dear mother, is enmity between brothers, and how difficult is reconciliation. Friedrich Schiller
We are happy to add further quotes, sayings and wisdom about the family to our collection!